Finding the right hair colour for your complexion is like find a pair of jeans that perfectly fits your body type – once you find it, there’s certainly no going back. If your complexion is dusky than fair, then here are some of the shades that’ll perfectly complement your skin tone.
1. Blonde or Ash Blonde: Opting for a blonde or ash blonde is one of the best ways to create a statement. Blonde (as well as any other shade under this category) is a neutral shade, which means it complements any skin colour well.
2. Copper, Gold and Red Highlights: If you’re blessed with a warm undertone, then this hair colour will be an excellent choice for you. Emphasize your sun-kissed complexion channelling your inner Rihanna and going all-out red or playing around with copper, gold and red highlights.
3. Dark Brown: If it’s your first time to change your hair colour, then opt for a nice dark brown shade to subtly change your look. You can go for one solid colours or add some lowlights and highlights to give some dimension to your tresses.
4. Medium Brown: Amber, auburn, chestnut, maple and toffee are some of the great hues to work with when you’re at a lost as to which brown hue to choose for your strands. Unlike the dark brown hues, these shades will surely bring out the elegance of your sun-kissed skin.
5. Light Brown: Soft brown hues used as a base colour or a highlight complement sun-kissed complexion well, as it instantly brightens up the face. Plus, this shade also reflect lighting quite nicely.
6. Honey and Brown: Combining shades like chocolate brown and honey is another way of adding dramatic dimension to your strands, while giving you that post-beach glow.
7. Jet Black: This shade has long been known to look good on fair-skinned ladies, but it actually looks as great on a sun-kissed complexion. A jet black hue is also a good transition shade for when you want something low-maintenance while contemplating on what your next big hair colour makeover will be.
8. Plum or Purple Highlights: Interested in pulling off a punk-rock look? If so, then opt for burgundy, plum or purples colours as a solid colour base or as edgy highlights. This shade is perfect for women with cool undertones (the veins on your wrist appear to have bluish tint).
Looking for hair colour options that perfectly match your tan complexion isn’t as difficult as you think. So the next time you visit your favourite salon in Singapore, be sure to use any of the aforementioned shades on your strands.